"Good Morning, Your Ride is Here!"


Day 2: April 18, 2018

Don't ever, EVER forget your Nyquil in the states especially if you don't know if you'll be able to go to a pharmacy right after arriving to your new destination. I didn't expect my body to react this much to the time change after getting into Ireland, but I wasn't allowed to even think about sleep until 4:00am. Embarrassingly enough, I received a call to my room after sleeping through three alarms informing me that my ride was here to pick me up for work. DAMN, what am I, a hibernating bear who just entered an eternal slumber? I panicked and threw clothes around me until I decided that I looked presentable enough. Relieved to see my co-worker/trainer Denis, he let me know that yes, it's okay to have this issue and that he wouldn't torture me with an empty stomach after being so heckin' late to wake up. Now, I haven't even discussed the breakfast buffet that the Red Cow Moran offers (no, I didn't get pictures because I didn't feel like getting some strange looks from the people around me), but it's a full spread! Due to the fear of an upset stomach from jet lag, I kept my breakfast very simple, but the assortment of food is overwhelmingly delightful. I thought black pudding would be scary to try, but it actually looks really good, and once I feel safe enough to try different foods, it's on the top of my list.  Thankfully Denis didn't mind sitting there and watching me eat as I shoveled food down my gullet, but once he heard me finish chugging my cup of water as if I were severely dehydrated, he bursted out laughing. I'm sorry, I normally don't eat and drink like this buddy, but you may have to get used to it.

Once we got to the office, Tony (one of the men I had originally met back in the states alongside Gerry), took me under his wing to discuss some of the software and even took me to one of the dealerships that we supply our software for! Honestly, it was really cool to see the software in action as well as checking out the dealership itself. As I expressed knowing of who Conor McGregor was, Tony took a detour back to the office to show me another of our clients as well as McGregor's training gym. Unfortunately for Tony, my stomach didn't enjoy the same excitement as I did when finding this gym. As we pulled out onto the street, I felt the familiar warm feeling in the back of my throat. I opened the door and lurched my head outside of the door. Scared as hell, Tony then pulled to the side as I expressed that I was not finished. Much to my dismay at the accurate safety of a seatbelt, I could not fully get my body out of the vehicle and poor Tony's car experienced the brunt of my sickness. On Day 2 of training, I was already making sober party fouls in a boss's car. I was able to take a much needed nap and returned to work to finish up some software training... and ended the night by falling asleep once again around 4:00am.

Day 3: April 19, 2018

At a fresh 9:00am, I received yet again another wake-up call from the front desk office. Not much to my surprise, did I find a friendly Denis once again letting me eat breakfast in order to survive. See jet lag isn't just a one-day thing, it sticks with your body until your body is ready to transition to the next timezone. Most of Thursday was taken up solely by training with Niall and discussing a little bit of our personal lives and how we made it here. I'm going to try my best and respect my co-workers when it comes to their personal details because you know, they're not really mine to share. However, at the end of the day on Thursday, I finally was able to take the tram home with my handy dandy transport card. Another night with little sleep, but it is what it is and who am I to challenge my own body? Goodnight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Missed Flight Later

A Very Cold and Coastal Trip

On The Third Floor & To The Right