You've Been There For Over a Month... pt. 1
How's training going?
You might also be wondering what I've been up to in terms of the actual training, so we'll start there. I'm over a month into my training now, and my days are spent in this order while I am at work: review material from the previous day, commit to some practice, watch accounting videos that actually don't suck, learn new materials, and a few days of trying to record tutorial videos that will help present and future clients. But to be honest, there are days where I am completely drained from that schedule and will take a few hours to decompress at work. I know, that sounds really bad, but honestly, I am left alone most days where I may have a few hours of training or may just have the day to myself. But I can't really argue with that, I enjoy being able to direct my own schedule as I please, and watch my favorite shows during my lunch hour. Overall, there's truly nothing to complain about especially when my office is full of extremely kind people. One of my favorite parts about the people I work with is that they know how to have fun. Pranks have been integrated into the daily work schedule. Stress balls are frequent flyers through the halls, and cars have a tendency to be parked where the owner has no clue where it's been relocated. With the encouragement from colleague and friend, Eoin, I finally pulled my first prank and hid Tony's chair in the office that I was making videos in. It was a successful as Tony came into my room and inquired where his chair could be. Also thanks to Eoin's generosity, I obtained a small Nerf gun to wreak my American havoc with. My first shot just happened to be successfully above Tony's head in the office adjacent from mine.
What about your skeletal health..?
Well, luckily, my doctor was able to find another chiropractor in an area called Clongriffin that happened to be about an hour away from me. For my first appointment, I decided that I would take the tram into City Centre and then find the train to take the rest of the way to Clongriffin. Joke's on me because I woke up late that Saturday morning (how casual of me), and had to figure out a new way to get there without finding the train. Hailing two taxis and thirty-seven Euros later, I found the chiropractor's office and waited for it to open. Awkwardly sitting in front of the office, an older gentleman appeared and asked if I was also there to see the doctor. I nodded and he confirmed to me that sometimes the office opens a little late. As the door unlocked, we scuttled into the waiting room and took a seat. I was up first to meet with Dr. Accardi. Now, when I met my chiropractor, I noticed that he didn't have an accent at all, except for an American one. Dr. Tony Accardi was a good ole boy from New Jersey and was very helpful when it came to being available to see with my schedule. In Ireland, most people go to work from 9-5 and then stores are normally only open until 6 or 7pm... making it very difficult for people who take public transport to make their appointments on time. He was quick and thorough with his examination and adjustment, and just like that, I was on my way back to City Centre. But before I could go home, it was pertinent that I get some treats for myself. Of these treats, I enjoyed a beautiful piece of chocolate cake. I mean LOOK AT ITS GLORY. As soon as I finished eating this piece of cake at home, I passed out and did not wake up again until the next morning at 11am. Not really shocking for me though.
For my second appointment, I decided that I would finally take the cheaper route of hopping on the train to Clongriffin. Despite the unruly length of time it took to get there (a whole hour) I can say that the views from the train station were more than worth it. Remember, Ireland is a country that is an island, therefore, surrounded by the ocean and especially coastal. It was so particularly warm this day that I witnessed a family enjoying the beach after I took this picture. One of the station guards became worried that I was just running all over the station for no good reason, so I finally ran off to my appointment. Another woman came in and she went straight back to the room. As we waited, the older gentleman and I struck up conversation and he noticed I had an American accent. He asked where I was from and I told him, "Indiana," and he asked what the capital of the state was, so I responded with, "Indianapolis." He looked at me and then asked, "Isn't that where that one singer was from? He had only one name, and he recently died... my daughter was such a huge fan of his"
Confused, I sat there and thought as fast as my mind would allow, "Are you talking about Prince? He's not from Indiana..."
"AH! Minneapolis! That's where he's from!"
We continued our conversation and the man admitted that he was a Civil War fanatic and really enjoyed learning about America's history. I regretfully informed him that America has truly regressed in the past few years when it comes to equality and he said this, "Sometimes, history is just a big circle, and everything comes back around again." After my appointment, and you wouldn't believe it, I found coffee that is waaaaay better than Starbucks in this little town at a shop that had an incredible full Irish breakfast. And to top it off? I spent around $12 for breakfast and the designer coffee. Everywhere I go has turned into some sort of adventure, and I've been given the privilege to bask in the experiences.

It seems that everyone is so friendly
ReplyDelete